News & Events
- Professor Ana Celia Zentella spoke to standing-room-only crowd of both university and community members on February 17, 2017 as the keynote of Language Diversity Awareness Week. Our appreciation goes out to the HDLS leadership, students and faculty who contributed to a week of stimulating presentations.
- Professor Bill Croft awarded a Teaching Allocation Grant by the Center for Teaching Excellence to develop an online tool to teach students how to graphically analyze sentence structure.
- Welcome back to Professor Barbara Shaffer, returning from a sabbatical which allowed her to make significant progress on a book with co-author Terry Janzen of the University of Manitoba entitled Intersubjectivity in Interpretation: A Cognitive View of Interpreter-Mediated Discourse, forthcoming in the John Benjamins Human Cognitive Processing series.
- Professor Melissa Axelrod honored with Ken Hale Award at the 2017 meeting of the Linguistic Society of America on January 7, 2017 in Austin, Texas
- Professor Emerita Joan Bybee named Collitz professor of the 2017 Linguistic Institute.
Spring 2017 Convocation will be held in Keller Hall on Saturday, May 13th, 2017 at 1:00 PM.