Requesting To Use The Lab Spaces & Equipment

Lab space and equipment is primarily for the use of Linguistics and Ling-affiliated graduate students and faculty for dissertation or thesis research, coursework, independent research, and assistantships. Use by faculty or students from other departments may be approved on a case-by-case basis. The Linguistics Lab includes an eye tracking station, a sound booth, a computer, and a corner furnished appropriately for sociolinguistic interviews.

The Grad Lab next door has long been a place for grad students to relax and socialize and includes a computer, printer, microwave, and mini-frig. During the ongoing pandemic it has become necessary to limit the size of groups in all campus spaces, and thus we have added that space to our reservation syste

Use this online form to request use of space in the Grad Lab (study/social use) or in the Graduate Linguistics Lab (research use), or to request equipment.

During the pandemic, the lab manager is able to deliver requested equipment to Albuquerque-area addresses to minimize the need for campus visits.

Please note:

  • Damage to equipment may result in financial liability as well as loss of access to the lab and its equipment.
  • Vandalized or stolen equipment will result in criminal prosecution